48Days.NET

top page logo

Your place for community & resources to find or create work you love

We are so glad you're here and ready to take the next step! We created 48days.net as a place for community. For people to encourage each other and help each other in finding or creating work that is meaningful.

But frankly, we've outgrown it, so we're moving to provide you new resources.

48Days.net will be closing as it is today on November 30, 2017. Until then current members can click the button below to access groups and resources.

If you're new to 48days.net, connect here for a close up look at our thriving 48 Days Eagles Community and to get weekly free resources and motivation as you find and create work you love.

Hello everyone! Have a need for some collective wisdom here. I had hoped to hire an experienced consultant to give our crowdfunding initiative the structure, visibility and clarity it needs. After reading 48days in 2008, I left the construction industry and pursued a desire to work in business and management and after 4 years ended up in an operations management position at a nuclear service center. A year later, when the Fukishima accident led to a massive layoff at the company where I worked, I became unemployed. I now work in the insurance industry but have had a dream ever since I first read Dan's book. Can anyone help with giving me directions and pointer? The website is greatalleghenylodge.com and gives some details about the business initative our family would like to undertake. We live next to the Great Allegheny Passage, a rails to trails project that runs from Pittsburgh to DC. The demand for lodging along the trail has steadily increased as well as resort type destinations. As a crowdfunding rookie I need some serious help. Anyone have any thoughts? Perhaps you would be a consultant?

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nevin,

Here's a brand new article from INC magazine:

http://www.inc.com/magazine/201507/jennifer-alsever/join-the-right-...

Dan,

Thanks for your input! I have been on and off with 48days, not realizing how vital collaboration and networking really is. At this point I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO LEARN! There is so much information. God has opened much opportunity before me that I finally have some direction and focus on what I need to learn.

HI Nevin

I don't know much about crowdfunding but I am assuming you need the money for improvements, upgrades and/or maintenance. If thats the case is there a way to boot strap the venture? Pick one improvement or upgrade, complete it and from the additional revenue do the next. It doesn't get everything done at once but it shows you want to improve. I would base the list on who is your clientele, mostly the hikers and bikers of the G.A.P. (my assumption) if so what can you offer today to that clientele?  

I make my suggestions on the side of pessimism, what if you don't raise the money via crowdfunding, not saying you won't, but taking the pessimistic point of view for the sake of argument. Would there be issues with the crowdfunding organization that could cost you more than you take in? I am a fan of bootstrapping as the improvements are incremental.

On the personal side your post really piqued my interest as I am planning to hike part of the G.A.P. in September (Cumberland to Myersdale) and to hike the entire trail next spring.

Paul,

Thanks for your reply!  I appreciate your candid response.  I was just sending feelers out in every direction.  I am a little more focused now.  I hope to learn how to interact with the various groups and learn from this concentration of philanthropic intellectuals!

By the way, did you ever hike the trail?

RSS

Coaching Mastery Program

Interested in being a 48 Days Certified Coach?  Check out our elite program here:

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service