48Days.NET

The website is up and launched two more products.  First, there's already a lot I'd like to modify (the welcome page for one...too long, free preview, free product offer for list.)  BUT before I go any further, I would really like some 3rd party expert perspectives so I can change all at once.

Please DON'T be gentle http://www.1000verses.com

Site goal - marketing Scriptural Meditations to help people memorize scripture but, more importantly, getting the word in their hearts so it can change their lives!

Thanks in advance!

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

Hi James ~ Looking at your site now. Great idea - love it. What do people get when they sign up for your list -- do you mail out weekly tips, scripture, etc?
Also, wasn't exactly sure what you'd like feedback on -- your marketing funnel, product pricing, layout, etc....??

Thank you,
Christine
For the podcasts, you may want to consider posting a 5 minute sample of each podcast and a sample of the flash cards. I won't pay for a podcast until I know whether the quality is any good and it is something I think I might use.

For keywords, look at what other "competitor" websites are using for keywords. Just at a glance, you are probably going to need more keywords in order to attract the traffic that you want.

The layout is nice and very clean. You don't want to put to much more on there because it would clutter up the site, but it would probably be a good idea to link to Family Christian Bookstores, LifeWay or other Christian based publishers. There is also a great tool called "The Verse of the Day" from Bible Gateway which is a great add-in that doesn't require any effort on your part.

Finally, I know that you are on Twitter and Facebook. Try integrating your Twitter and FB posts into the site. At a minimum, add in the icons for each to your pages.

I like the site. I really hope it is successful.

Eric Tompkins
iDesign Web Solutions
I love the concept of your site. Awesome beginning, James. I think the key to your site will be the free preview. Since you are an unknown a free preview will be the only way anyone will know if they want what you have to offer. I would work on that immediately. Do you have a mailing list yet?
Hi James,

I would take some time and think about who your "ideal customer" will be. What are their problems and issues.

The other thing is to lead with benefits that solve problems.

Instead of "How Often Do You Find Yourself Saying, “God, How Can I Know You Better?” say "You can know God Better!"

And here are the reasons why you can know God better...1, 2, 3.

Offer something compelling for people to sign up on your email list. Example: 10 days of getting to know God better. Send out an email each day (with your autoresponder) that has an encouraging word and verse of the day etc. that really shows the value of your product.

Then offer them the chance to take the next step to continuing the journey by getting one of your products. Again, what are the benefits to the customer (not features) ex: "Feel closer to God than you ever have before in only minutes a day"

You also need lots of customer reviews and testimonials of how your product has helped them. Getting audio and video of this would be really great too.

The basic look of the site is good. You just need to get the messaging tighter.

I would also look at how you can tie it in closer to Facebook with a Facebook Page and would probably be a good fit for Twitter as well. You could send out a verse of the day etc.

Hope that helps,

Peter

http://www.facebook.com/onlinebizsuccess
http://www.customfacebooktemplate.com
I took a quick look and noticed a couple of things others didn't mention, and of course they would be proofreading issues, because I'm a proofreader lol.

At the bottom of your homepage, the "s" is missing from 1000Verses.com.
On your blog page, "shape their fingers to look like onion rings" is missing the "to."

Also, I'll be placing a link on my site to 1000Verses.com.

Jennifer
www.HarshmanServices.com
Great advice here. I would caution you on linking out to other sites, though, because you want folks to stay on your site... and see your content/products.

DO come up with a "lead magnet" and consider driving all traffic to that instead of your blog. The lead magnet gets them on your list and then you market to them. It is a fact that more people buy once they are on your list than the first time they come to your site. That's why many marketers send all traffic to a squeeze page with a free offer and then, through an autoresponder, send them to their blog, products, etc. later.

I also like results-driven headlines better than the question posed. An opt-in squeeze page would be headlined with the results of your free giveaway. This would resolve all that. Then, later, when they get to your blog/site, it's not as big a deal what's there. You're just building credibility at that point.
@Christine P. - At the moment, they don't get anything, but want to change that to offer something of value. Feedback on the website itself, presentation, layout, ease of navigation...etc.

@Eric T. - Yes - agree. Uploading a sample either today or tomorrow latest. I also want to produce a free podcast program (thru iTunes) for traffic but one thing at a time! And FB & Twitter: FB page almost ready, twitter acct is active but need to read more on social media and integration. Will have the icons shown - thanks!

@Deborah E. - Free preview IS coming. I have a 30 sec sample (no opt in) and free 10 minute meditation for opting in (plus flash cards & pinups) It's an abbreviated version of the Faith Foundations product. I have a mailing list of about 5 people (Wasn't expecting any at this point because I haven't optimized, but they're finding me anyway! :) )

@Peter B. - Thanks for reminding me about features vs benefits. I have profiled my ideal customer and actually wrote the first draft (page 1) based off of that, but it DEFINITELY needs work. I like the headline suggestion as well.

@Jennifer H - Thanks for catching that, eagle eye! :) Have corrected. Thanks for the back link. I will write a reminder to return the favor since you provided your service.

@Scott - Good to hear from you. I'm launching a separate site/squeeze page "Howtomemorizebiblescripture.com" Which will offer the 10 minute meditation. Are you saying that's where the meat of the sales copy should be and that my main site should be just a simple store front? Is that what you mean by Lead Magnet?

Last question: Should I link to my squeeze page for the free 10 minute meditation from my main site?

Thanks for the wonderful advice. I'm spinning plates will be starting a new job (to my STRENGTHS and PASSIONS - praise God!) so I'm very busy and very excited! Please be patient as I'm not a good plate-spinner :D (yet)
James Cook said:
@Scott - Good to hear from you. I'm launching a separate site/squeeze page "Howtomemorizebiblescripture.com" Which will offer the 10 minute meditation. Are you saying that's where the meat of the sales copy should be and that my main site should be just a simple store front? Is that what you mean by Lead Magnet?
Last question: Should I link to my squeeze page for the free 10 minute meditation from my main site?

Your squeeze should only sell the freebie for the opt-in. Very little said about you and certainly nothing about your other products.

You can pretty much leave your blog as-is and just link to it through one of your first autoresponder series. I would do something like this for the first few emails (after they get freebie delivered of course):

1. Value, no sell (by "value" I mean, helpful info, like tips, techniques, etc.)
2. Value, soft sell on one of your products, link to blog
3. Hard sell on one of your products, link to sales page of that product
4. Value, soft sell, link to blog

Make sense?

At the blog, just have the signup in the top right corner for the freebie/opt-in just for those who find your blog through the search engines.

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Registration for Innovate is open for a limited time - go ahead and secure your spot at one of our events this year!
Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service