48Days.NET

Greetings all! I hope everyone is doing well as we're now deep in to 2016.

I'm looking at ways to deliver the most value for your website - whether it's a store, a blog, a niche site, or something else and I would love your feedback.

Can you tell me what you're struggling with and/or where you'd like to find some help? 

What kinds of resources would you like to see? 

What kinds of features would you like to see here?

I want to make sure that we're creating stuff that people find resourceful and ways that we can help each other, so please share your thoughts!

Rob

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

That's a great question Rob, and one I am not sure how to answer.

My current set of challenges has more to do with too much going on in my life than I have time for. At the moment, my website developing has been put on pause to spend the time on other things that are happening. I am still creating content for my site, but haven't done any improvements to it in a while.

I'm curious to what other people share as I am a little further down the road than many people I see here. For the second part of the year, I will be digging into learning JavaScript better and diving into the world of app development, so I might benefit from some things in that area, but I also have some Udemy courses that I'll be working through and they should help me get a good handle on what I am trying to learn. :)

Hope your year is going well so far, and I look forward to what our group comes up with.

~Cam

Hi Rob,

Off the top; to-do list and organization. I've not found a good way to keep my tasks in order, or alert me when needed, etc. I know that may not be exactly what you are asking, but that is my struggle.

Specifically As far as WordPress I do have an issue. I'm working on updating a site with a theme that is bundled with Visual Composer. The thing is the current site already has VC and when I activate the new theme, VC elements code show up on the pages no matter what settings I use.

Generally I am decent with CSS, but would love to find some good tuts. My issue with CSS tends to be around selecting elements, and multiple elements.

Time, that's it...got a time machine?

Great question brother!

Good stuff Andy! i just went through Michael Hyatt's "productivity" course and it was quite helpful. I'm going to go back through it again as there was a lot to learn and organization is one of my big take-aways from that course.

I feel your pain regarding Visual Composer - it's a massive headache to use for me. Slow, clunky, bloated, and just not all that great in my opinion, but I'm a web developer by trade so I don't gravitate to tools like that very often. You may want to check and see if you've got some conflict with the plugin, and if you're not using the old theme, it never hurts to remove it.

As far as css goes there are a TON of great resources. Codecademy has a solid series on HTML and CSS, and Codeschool has some great resources there too.  

Hey Andy, on organization and to do lists, I highly recommend "Getting Things Done," by David Allen. The premise is you dump out all the "next steps" you need to take onto a list that matches when/where you can do something about it. Things you need to be at the computer for; things you can only do at home; things that need to be done during business hours, et. al., and keep those lists at the place/time where you can do something about it.

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service