Member friends, Please look at my site and tell me what I need to do! I'm getting zero traffic. Surely it doesn't suck that bad. I need help to make my 3 year plan come to fruition. If I need to do a complete overhaul I can and will.
Mike obvious question .... what are you doing to drive traffic to your site? Commenting on other blogs? offering your expertise through speaking, a news letter or email hi-lighting your info, usually through your blog? Have you joined any groups you could link your stuff too, other than 48 Days? Who is your target market and why would they come to you (Your site for help)
Every one I read I go to because somehow they have reached out and offered me value in my journey. So reach out and offer value.... Just some thoughts.
You sound desperate! I reviewed your site and found that it does not suck - so you're in luck there. It's a good site with an easy on the eyes layout & format.
I have to ask the same question Dennis asked below: "What are you doing to drive traffic to your site?" Many people believe their website is like the Field of Dreams, build it an they'll come. But, realistically it doesn't work that way.
You need to generate a BUZZ - check out the book "Crush It" and I highly recommend it - it's by Gary Vaynerchuk.
Here's some ideas to get traffic to your site:
1. Publish some of your content at www.EzineArticles.com.
2. Create Podcasts.
3. Create a give-away ebook and have people sign-up for your email newsletter to receive a copy for free. Make the book about resumes, job interviews, etc. For instance, I give away a free resume ebook and have had over 1,000 people sign up for it. Build your list.
4. Now, write a Press Release promoting something useful about your site - 10 Resume Myths that Hurt Your Job Search and mention it in your PR that your giving away a free ebook.
5. Take your ebook a step further - add more content and make it a give-away on Amazon as a Kindle book or charge a small fee like $1 to $5 to download.
6. Visit other forums that discuss your subject then add valuable content and include a link back to your website in your signature - advertise your free give-away, use caution and don't SPAM. Provide good content/feedback to the thread and you'll see your traffic increase.
7. Guest post on other blogs.
8. Implement 30-day plan - visit 5 blogs a day and comment on them - that's 150 at the end of 30-days.
There's other ideas I'm sure, but following the ones above will generate some traffic. I use them like clockwork, especially the give-aways, articles, & press releases.
Also, web traffic alone will not assist you in your 3-year plan - get out on the street through: seminars (check out your local library), networking events, etc.
Press on to success!
This is great and concise list Jeff! Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Mike, I am in the same boat. Over time I have read enough material that when I read what these two have posted here, I know it's good info. Now it's just a matter of time to implement with action on these items.
If you were going to boil it down to one sentence. It would be to....
"Help others beyond the reach of your website."
Then make sure somewhere they know who is helping them. i.e. profile, or links back to your site. Don't spam them upfront with your products, or services. Just be helpful.
I just want to say - that was a lot of valuable advice. Your willingness to share it is admirable! You represent the amazing spirit of this site. Great job!
I know I'm late to the conversation, but did you take your site down? It's no longer there.
I agree with Tammy...nothing there but the host landing page.