48Days.NET

Hey Jumpers,

Happy Halloween! Hope everyone stays safe out there with the little ones tonight!

I have a question about marketing efforts. I've been limping along with a resume writing business for about three years, making very minimal money with a handful of clients each month. Back in September, I started trying out a website called Thumbtack.com where I can meet potential clients as a way to supplement my referral business and website traffic. The good news is that I increase my sales this month (October) by almost 5X(!) but I'm worried I won't be able to sustain that going into next month and beyond.

My question is twofold.

1. Does anyone have thoughts about additional ways I can help my customers over a longer term since writing a resume for them is such a "one and done" type of work? I've had a few repeat customers looking for updates over the last few years, but nothing that will be sustainable without continuously adding new customers.
  2. Anyone with experience coaching clients, what have you found is the best way to attract new clients? Does most of your traffic come through your website, referrals, email list/lead magnets? Any other sources that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Jumpers ROCK!

Jonathan

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Jonathan, congrats!!!

You may also want to consider posing this in the Marketing group HERE

Thanks Jen. I'll do that!

Do you have a blog?  I think that would help. Perhaps a podcast. I would certainly try and write a regular letter to the editor or related subjects, if your community still has a newspaper, that is. Have you spoken with Job Centers? Offer to speak at Rotary or Optimists Clubs.

Just out of the blue, you might want to see about an affiliate relationship and offer some 48days materials, if you're not already.

It's a great service you're offering. I could see it spreading way beyond 'local'.

Sam,

Great suggestions. I do have a blog but one of the things I struggle with is creating fresh content on a regular basis. That's a personal issue more than a marketing issue that I need to be more diligent about. I like the idea of letters to the editor and speaking to local organizations. I have actually started reaching out to local libraries about doing presentations for them.

Appreciate the insight!

Jonathan

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service