48Days.NET

Hi Everyone,

I launched a new course on Udemy. It is called: English Grammar Writing Crash Course In One Hour. I designed this course basically for working adults who are going back to college after being out for a number of years. It is also for those working adults who are already in college but are not getting high grades due to grammar mistakes.

I have a very small email base and a very small social media base. 99% of my sales come from students already on Udemy's platform. For this new class, I decided to do a countdown in which I will raise the price every three days until Sep 7th. I put the countdown information in the beginning of the class description. I also posted it on my social media platforms. I will update the countdown every time the price increases.  I published this class for free and within 48hrs I had over 500 students. Now, I am curious to know can I generate sales and what price point works the best.

Yes, I have tried various other marketing techniques recommended by Udemy and others with almost no direct sales. I got this idea from listening to Michael Stelzner marketing one of his upcoming events. 

This question is for those you who have small email and social base. What marketing techniques seems to work best for you?

Here is a link to my class: https://www.udemy.com/plan2win_grammar/

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

Ericka, congrats on putting your new course up! 

Are you glad you went through the work of doing it? 

Wow, over 500 students within 48 hours? This is so cool! 

I don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to say congratulations as this is really inspiring to see. 

Thanks Jen,

I created the class using Dan Miller's philosophy. If three people ask you something "create a product." I had three working older adults who were in college ask me if I could tutor them on grammar. Of course, they did not have a lot of time. They wanted a crash course.  

That's awesome Ericka!  I am just starting to create my course and thinking about Udemy. I've heard a lot of bad and a little good but I'm still going for it. Maybe you could give me a few pointers. I love how you did "Anna." 

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service