48Days.NET

I recently launched a course (literally last week) and I've learned SO much. 

Please feel free to ask any questions about teaching platforms (like Skillshare or Lynda) here. I chose Udemy because of their giant platform + 2 million users. But there are a lot of drawbacks to Udemy. 

I made a quick coupon code if you're interested in learning how to make your own mastermind :)
50% off with the code:  eLearning48

https://www.udemy.com/hangout-and-grow-rich/

Views: 171

Replies to This Discussion

Alex, having put a course on Udemy, what would you say are the main drawbacks of that platform?

Main drawbacks of Udemy:

Udemy constantly pushing sales by ridiculous coupons (+75%), this causes teachers extremely low profit margins

Udemy has an extremely low commission percentage. A while ago, they were 75% of the sale. Now, if a random person finds my course on their site, I get 50%. If Udemy promotes my course, or you promote my course, I receive 25% of the sale. It's not something really to complain about, but it's not a way to make a living.

Right now, Udemy is leading the way for online learning. Lynda is somewhat stagnant at the moment, and Skillshare takes forever to approve classes (I sought approval back on January 25, and still have yet to hear anything from them).

If you're going to put a course online, and you don't have a major platform, I recommend going with Udemy. Currently, it is the easiest platform to get a course online.

However, if I were to do this all over again, I would have made my content for my own platform and then uploaded the content over to Udemy. 

Hi, Alex!

Great tips!  My husband and I began teaching on Udemy December 2012 when it was 70/30 split and they did not have all of the ridiculous sales tactics.  

It's also not to late to add content to your own platform either.  :)

Hi Alex. My husband and I do real estate investment. We started 10 years ago in our early 20's and now have 24 properties. I was thinking of doing an online course. Do you think udemy would be a good market for us? How do you know how to price your products, especially when there are many sales and lower margins as you have mentioned?

Hi Alex, I'm at the very beginning...like tossing around ideas that I could put in course format. How do I set up a course?

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service