Please click HERE for the replay of the interview.
9/2/14: Dan interviewed Andy Traub around: Building the life you want - Choosing where you live and the work you do.
Here are some of the highlights covered in the session this week, however, we would encourage you to listen to the show:
- Andy's journey from full time youth ministry to where he is self employed for the past six years.
- When it comes to transition, if you are okay with the worse case scenario, then go for it.
- The key to connecting with influencers is to develop a skill that can add value to the mix.
- 85% of the process of building your dream job comes in knowing who you are.
- Don't wait until you are perfect, jump in the game. Example: Dan's advice he gives to coaches who want to get better is be willing to get in the game.
- Andy's book Early to Rise Book has made him $35,000. Seeing that people wanted to learn how he did this lead to the creation of The Self Publishing System.
- Life is no straight-line, it is a curvy road, but action creates opportunities.
- Earn permission, then take permission, then make things happen.
Bio: Andy Traub is a creator. Whether it's a podcast, book, blog post or speech, his message is the same. You must take permission if you want to live a great life, create great art, and positively impact the world.
From his small town in South Dakota Andy
has been able to reach the world with his messages thanks to hundreds of thousands of downloads of his podcasts and thousands of books sold.
In 2010 Seth Godin gave him permission to produce The Unofficial Linchpin Podcast. In that same year he partnered with Cliff Ravenscraft, the world's most popular podcast consultant, to create a technology show called Business Tech Weekly. He has worked with or been a guest on shows with thought leaders like Michael Hyatt, Todd Henry, Chris LoCurto, Jeff Goins, Jon Acuff, Dan Miller and Andy Andrews.
In early 2013 Andy self-published his first book The Early To Rise Experience: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days. His book was a tremendous success and as more and more authors wanted to learn the secrets to his success he built The Self-Publishing System to teach authors how to find the success he did with his first book. In 2014 he published The Early To Rise Experience For Moms, written by and for moms who want to learn to rise early.
Andy speaks often to audiences on how to create great things while maintaining a healthy family life.
If you are enjoying these sessions, please take a moment to share these sessions with your own tribe by hitting the share buttons above or click HERE
What did you find most interesting about this interview?