Unfortunately, the replay from 12/2/14 had some technical difficulties so the replay is NOT available, however, Tom will be giving a FREE webinar on 12/9/14 that will cover much of the info he and Dan covered. For info on Tom's webinar, please go to: http://inboundmovement.com/48days
11/18/14 Dan interviewed Tom Schwab: Topic is INBOUND Marketing: What it means to businesses like your's and 48 Days.
Here are some of the highlights covered in the session this week, however, we would encourage you to join Tom's webinar for discussion highlights:
- Interruption marketing doesn't work today.
- Building trust is key to building our client base.
- Inbound marketing focuses on serving.
- Knowing who your ideal customer is crucial to building your business. Also recognizing your ideal client's wants, needs, fears, etc. are helpful in understanding how to serve your customers best.
- When we try to appeal to everyone with our content, we appeal to no one. Surveys is a great way to gather what content your audience wants.
- Guest posting, commenting on blogs, and engaging people is a great way to add value versus just trying to sell people.
- The best way to sell is not to sell, but to be trustworthy.
- Your true expert in your business is your customer - they will tell you want they want, how much they will to pay for a product, etc.
Tom's life makes more sense looking backwards as the pieces fit together to explain where he is now.
Growing up in the suburbs of Chicago he hadn't been east of Indiana or west of Iowa until he attended the US Naval Academy.
Once at Annapolis his life changed quickly. The Navy took him around the world running nuclear power plants on Aircraft Carriers
When "peace broke out" with the fall of the Berlin Wall, Tom entered the corporate world for a Fortune 500 medical device company. Rising through the ranks he worked in Engineering, Operations, Distribution, Sales and Sales Management. His last job was managing the State of Michigan for the company.
A decade years ago he started his own distributorship and went into ecommerce in 2010.
Tom's company, Goodbye Crutches was one of the first eCommerce companies to use Inbound Marketing. It took them from a regional player to a national leader in under 3 years.
Tom now helps other businesses attract, engage and delight customers with a clear strategy on how to use the web. You can see him daily on the Inbound Movement where he features a new company and provides expert advice on how they can use an Inbound Strategy.
- FREE Inbound Webinar 12/9/14: http://inboundmovement.com/48days
- Sign up for the Tom's Inbound Movement and get your chance to win a free trip to the Inbound Conference in September 2015.
Can we share these replays with anyone?
Yes, by all means, feel free to share these replays.
If you are enjoying these sessions, please take a moment to share these sessions with your own tribe by hitting the share buttons above or click HERE
What did you find most interesting about this interview?