48Days.NET

top page logo

Your place for community & resources to find or create work you love

We are so glad you're here and ready to take the next step! We created 48days.net as a place for community. For people to encourage each other and help each other in finding or creating work that is meaningful.

But frankly, we've outgrown it, so we're moving to provide you new resources.

48Days.net will be closing as it is today on November 30, 2017. Until then current members can click the button below to access groups and resources.

If you're new to 48days.net, connect here for a close up look at our thriving 48 Days Eagles Community and to get weekly free resources and motivation as you find and create work you love.

I have been a Virtual Assistant for the past 7 years for a small handful of clients.  My main client retired and I've set up a website to begin marketing. 

Before I begin, I would love to hear feedback from the 48days community.  Let me know what you think of the site.  Additions/subtractions/changes.  All comments and feedback is appreciated.

My site is VirtualRoxanne.com

Thank you!

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the information you provide, Roxanne. It is easy to understand and makes the case as to why to hire you.
Two suggestions. One, maybe add more color or graphics towards the bottom/ middle of the page. Two, how about a big call to action at the bottom, like "To start simplying your life today, click here, or call this number".
Good luck!

Thanks Claudia!!  I will take that into consideration.  Always open to suggestions!

I added a picture of my laptop hyperlinked to my contact page with a call to action on it.

Hello Roxanne, 

I really like your website. When I am tired I don't like reading too much  and your website is greatly organized for someone that wants to scan your site for the information they want. You answered a lot of questions that someone would potentially ask. Within  2 to 3 minutes of looking at the site I would be interested or would recommend you to someone who needed a virtual assistant. I like the laptop at the bottom of the page.

Since you don't really have a company logo your picture is almost like a logo. I think you have a good professional looking photo but maybe could invest in a professional headshot, something simple and not expensive that you could use across social networks. Also Great Website URL its always good when you have a search keyword in your website url.

I like it.

Sooooooo many people avoid posting their rates, and it's a huge turn-off for me.

On your site, it's simple to estimate what you can potentially do for a client so it's perfect!

You provided great information and it is easy to understand what you do. I would recommend a good head shot and call to action on the sidebar. Maybe add a couple more testimonies with the persons title and company.

For those of you recommending  a professional head shot.  I won't have it done for some time now as I just got my teeth pulled a couple days ago.  So that's out of the question right now.   Also, I feel that it's important for people to see you as you really look.  I don't know how many times I went to meet with someone and the person I met looked NOTHING like their photo.  I felt like an idiot when they introduced themselves and I had no idea it was them.  It is my belief that you should put a photo of you as you really are, not a glamor shot that looks nothing like you.

Call to action in the sidebar, I agree with.  Thank you!

As for testimonials, my time was spent working mainly for one client over the past 6 years.  Those are the only testimonials I have right now.  As I get more, I will certainly add them.

I like the site. As a VA myself I know that the list of services provided can go on forever; however, I would recommend perhaps creating a pull down list and sort by category so people do not feel overwhelmed.

Also, you may want to design yourself a logo or if you have one place it on your site. The graphic you have on FB is really cute.

My one other suggestion is your picture. I know you don't want a professional picture but I always suggest having nothing in the background. I get many compliments on my photo and have even had clients ask me where I had it done.. I did it myself..in my bathroom at like 2 am (I didn't have a tripod and the bathroom shelves were the right height). My point being a professional picture does not have to be professionally taken.  

RSS

Coaching Mastery Program

Interested in being a 48 Days Certified Coach?  Check out our elite program here:

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service