48Days.NET

Hello everyone! 

I would love some input on how best to deal with "imposter syndrome".  The business venture I've been trying hasn't been particularly successful (people love what I do, but I'm not making a profit with my nature photography), and I'm thinking about trying to build something with another passion of mine (health & nutrition).  Both photography and health/nutrition are not things I was directly "schooled" in (I am an optometrist by trade).  I've always felt you'll be most successful in things that you are most educated in, so as much as I want these ventures to work, I feel like I'm holding myself back and not working to the best of my potential because I have this little voice in the back of my head that asks:

"Who do you think you are?  You aren't qualified to be seen as an expert in these areas.  You don't have any credentials or certifications for this.  Why should someone trust you in these areas?"

Has anyone else dealt with this when trying to start something new?  How did you get past it and become successful? 

Thank you so much!

Lesley

Views: 649

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keegan I completely agree - the more people I discover who also feel this way helps me to deal with my feelings better.  It's so helpful to see people who may not have that full confidence, but yet they are able to go out and be successful regardless just because they took action and tried. 

RSS

Coaching Mastery Program

Interested in being a 48 Days Certified Coach?  Check out our elite program here:

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service