48Days.NET

Thought this might be a great discussion to start for all of us as we start to move into 2017. As you have probably heard Dan mention, he has his goals completed each year in November (if you haven't already downloaded Dan's worksheet on goals, you can find it at:  Goal Setting Worksheet).

With that in mind, though it might be nice for the group to share any of the following:

• What goals are you wanting to shoot for in your own life or career in 2017?
  • What obstacles may be holding you back?
  • What are some of your accomplishments for 2016 and what are you doing to celebrate?

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In 2016 took a list of over 200 business ideas and reduced it to 14 while working a fixed-term, part-time job. I also read and completed 48 Days to the Work You Love along with a fast.

In 2017 I'm planning to start a business. The main obstacle holding me back will be figuring out which one to start. My gut is telling me that THE idea isn't even on my list yet, but this could just be the lizard brain talking. I have pretty limited capital to work with, but I'm going to make it happen somehow.

Brian - wow! Sounds like you are extremely creative and energetic! 2017 sounds like it will also be a year for moving forward.

Have you taking the Dan's DISC profile yet? If so, what are you listed as?

If not, this may give you some great insight on what to look for as far as strengths and weaknesses. It would also be a great starting point to help shape what role would be a good fit.

This is a great topic, Jen! 

I completed Dan's worksheet yesterday and it  really got me thinking about my goals and helped me know where to focus my energy. 

Because I had set goals for the last several years I have made great accomplishments in 2016 including:

• Publishing the 2nd edition of my book
  • Doubling my business income
  • Quitting my day job 
  • Hosting my first paid webinar
  • Moving to the Mayan Riveria 

Goals for 2017 include:

• Expanding my business with online courses
  • Doing more webinars
  • Helping others to publish their books and grow their business
  • Doubling my business income again
  • Learning Spanish :)
  • Creating work-life balance

Obstacles holding me back? Living in paradise! There are so many places to explore, things to do and friendships to cultivate here that it is hard to for me to find time for work. At other times I am so focused on work (because I do love my work and it doesn't seem like work to me :) that I neglect having fun.

Deanna, your goals sound amazing! Are you involved in a Mastermind to help make them happen? Let me know if you'd like information about my Leading Ladies Mastermind. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Jevonnah,

I have been in masterminds previously, but am not in a formal one now. I would love more information on your Leading Ladies Mastermind.

Hi Deanna,

Thanks so much for your reply. Here is the page where you can find more information:http://ladyjevonnahellison.com/join-my-exclusive-vip-mastermind/

There are currently 3 openings available. I'm happy to set up a conference call with you if you have any specific questions.

Feel free to email me directly at ladyj@jevonnahellison.com

Not sure exactly where you are located but I recommend taking a day trip to Ek Balem.  It doesn't get the tourists that other Mayan sites do, but it is very unique.  

Also, as an escapee from the 9 to 5 it sounds like you have an interesting story.  If you would like to be featured for free on one of my sites let me know.  http://www.escapee925.com

Hi Robbert,

We are about a half hour south of Playa. I have added a trip to Ek Balem to our list. We have only been here 2 months and have done a lot, but our to do list keeps getting bigger. There is so much to do here! 

I have taken a look at your site, how great to have so many inspiring stories in one place! I am interested in being featured, just let me know what I need to do. Thanks :)

just email me at robertblongley@gmail.com and I'll send you the survey I use for the articles.

Deanna,

WOW! congrats on your 2016 accomplishments!! It is amazing to see what intentionality brings to our lives. 

Jane Atkinson has a great podcast for speakers. You can find her podcast at: https://speakerlauncher.com/category/podcasts/

My accomplishments in 2016 include making progress with our (my friends and I) website making business, starting with websites for local businesses in Elkhart, IN and then getting word of mouth referrals in Anaheim, CA and even one that does DJ services in Orlando, FL.  I was also quite the productive freelance writer this year.  Next year, I hope to continue to make progress in these areas and also to eat more fruits and vegetables and less junk food.  I know that sounds like a cliche New Year's resolution, but its true.

Plasticine - that sounds awesome!!!

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service