48Days.NET

Somewhere I recall Dan talking about "if you read these ten books you will have as much information as you would if you got a college degree"

Can someone you help me find that information?

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm.  I couldn't find it but I did locate this post.  Probably not exactly what you are looking for but it's a great list of ideas nonetheless.    Good luck!!

Keith Laskey

I can probably give you 3 books that I have read and I would recommend - 

1. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

2. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

3. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

I'm hoping that two out of ten books that Dan was referring to is what I mentioned here.  Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions James.

I'm not sure about the "ten." Are you familiar with Dan's recommended reading list?

This year I'm reading the book of Proverbs every single month.  I've heard of other people doing this, so I decided to try it to.  The other stuff is good, but nothing compares with wisdom straight from God Himself.

My list includes:

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill

Good to Great by Jim Collins

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (read it from a philosophical angle rather than a fiction angle)

I haven't read The Alchemist but I will definitely check it out.

But my opinion is if you are looking to only read 10 books then you aren't reading enough.  Sometimes I will read a whole book and only get one little morsel that made the whole thing worth it.

Hi Matt,

I have Jim Collins and Robert Kiyosaki's.  I have only read parts of it. I thought Robert's book was the expanded version of The Richest Man in Babylon since they talk about the same concept.

To add to one of the books from Dale Carnegie is Stop Worrying and Start Living.

I just recently finished Automatic Millionaire and Start Late and Finish Rich by David Bach.  Good insights and applied several techniques from the book, especially the latte factor. I would also recommend those.

James

Just read a book every month and you'll be ahead of 99% of the population in a couple of years.

RSS

Coaching Mastery Program

Interested in being a 48 Days Certified Coach?  Check out our elite program here:

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service