48Days.NET

I wanted to prove a point to one of my coaching clients. So on Christmas I shared a story from my childhood on a platform named Medium. If you haven't heard of medium it is an online magazine that allows you to be a contributor. My point was that with a little effort you could garner a lot of attention in a short time frame.

I am not an amazing writer, but my client is. I wanted to showcase that he could be successful with his writing skills. He had been lacking some self value and I think that it is important to share wins with your clients. So I posted this article and in less than 24 hours I had over 800 views on my story. 

Now my story was specific to the Christmas season, but I plan on posting more here to extend my reach. My whole point in this is to share that even though you may feel that blogging and article writing are "saturated" There are still ways for you to stand out. 

If you want to check out the article feel free: https://medium.com/@allandubon/santa-carried-a-hefty-bag-cee1b39dc6...

Tell me what you think!! If I can help answer any questions please leave them below and I will answer all of them! Here's to a prosperous new year for everyone!

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You sell yourself short on being an amazing writer. This was a great story!

You didn't have a bad '16 and I know that '17 is going to be even more rewarding for you my friend.

Well thank you sir, you are far too kind. 

Good work Allan, you are inspiring.

Thanks amigo! That means a lot. I can't wait to see what you have coming up! I need to learn how to BBQ like you brother!!! mmmmmmmmmmm BBQ LOL

Allan, that was a wonderful story!  Although you were publishing this as part of your work with a client, you may have shown yourself something, too.  Keep writing.

Thanks Heather!!!

You are right. I told my client that I had to take my own medicine LOL. 

So for me sharing blog posts was no problem, teaching people how to succeed in business also not a problem. Getting open and vulernerable as a writer, scared the crap out of me. This was definitely a lesson learned. I'm actually starting a new passion project (that is what I call something that has zero money drive for me) about growing up unfathered and helping others realize that they can find success and not have to be a "statistic." This project has had me anxious and worried. I kept saying I didn't have the site right, or that I wanted to get the branding etc. It took another of my coaching clients to call me out on my telling myself a story to make me feel better about not launching! That was sure a gut punch, but one I needed. Now I have recorded 2 episodes of the podcast and we'll be launching it in about 2 weeks. I'm pretty excited about it. 

Thank you for the kind words!!!

What are you working on? What is your website? I'd love to check it out

As a teacher, I can definitely say that I learn from my students all the time, and it sounds like coaching is the same!

I'm working on 2 ideas right now for a business - the first is helping people with long-distance daily commutes (I drive 1.5-2 hours each way for my commute.)  I'm in the process of creating a Teachable course for commuters.

The second idea is helping people who are making a career transition, particularly after age 40.  This is something I have done (and which led to the current long commute, but it was the right choice for myself and my family.)  

I'm attending Coaching with Excellence this week (!!!) so my goal is to narrow down exactly what my message and coaching work will be, and get it started.

Heather that is so fun!! I always love seeing people take action on their dreams! I would connect with John Henderson from LifewiseFuture and see where you guys could benefit mutually! 

I'm so excited for you being at CWE! I'm kind of jealous, I really wanted to go but was already booked up for a couple of events. 

And feel free to reach out if you want to bounce some ideas off of someone: Allan@AllanDubon.com

Awesome Stuff Allan, thank you for sharing. Your transparency and growth are visible.

I appreciate you pushing me to find out more about myself. Ultimately, it wasn't the path that I thought I would end up on, but one that I had let go of a couple years ago.

How freeing to know both what we don't want to be, and what we want to be.

Jeff

Buddy I'm so excited to see what you will do now that you have found what your calling is. That thing that makes you shine when you talk about it. The path has been laid and now it is up to you to walk it!

I agree with the rest of the comments.  You do have writing skills :) Keep it up!

Well thanks Vickie. 

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service