48Days.NET

Hello all.

I'll cut to the chase with my idea: 

I want to start a Wild Bird Feeding Service. I live a large metro area. I would market to assisted living, nursing homes/rehabs, hospitals, corporations (stressing green company culture), possibly schools, etc. Not individual homes.

I was a wildlife technician for the US Forest Service for 7 yrs, I'm a birder, joined the Audubon Society, Native Plant Society and Society for Ecological Restoration. I have a degree in Environmental Studies.

I am still working on pricing: feeders, seeds, etc. There are many opportunities to expand: feeders, waterers, special feed blends, native plants to attract pollinators (very big in the field right now), houses for birds, bats (my area of expertise), toads, bees, etc. Large, corporate group nest box building days (I built hundreds for the USFS with groups. One was Chevron.)

YOUR honest feedback, problem solving, questions, and cheerleading is very appreciated.

I quit my job in May, homeschooling director & teacher 12 years. One college student at home, 1 still in high school, and husband is overworked. I need to make money and can't stomach the thought of retail. I don't want to teach anymore. Education will still be part of this job idea. This also allows me to have a flexible schedule for my kids, aging parents, and husband. 

By the way, I know about Wildbirds Unlimited and I am not interested in a franchise. 

THANK YOU for your time, and thoughts.

Lisa Underwood 

The only place I found someone doing this is in Ireland. Here is her website:

WILD BIRD FEEDING SERVICE

Do you love watching the birds in your garden?

Would you like more birds or even different species to visit?

Do you know someone who would benefit from this service, your children, or other relatives perhaps?

Our aim is to provide you with a fuss-free affordable service to help feed and encourage birds & wildlife into your garden for you and your family to enjoy.

Let us do it all for you – just sit back, relax & enjoy the results…….

We will;

• Provide good quality feeding station/bracket & feeders
  • Provide a fuss-free, friendly local service
  • Fill the feeders weekly, all year round
  • Provide good value for money and competitive prices
  • Sterilise the feeder/s monthly (important for good bird health)
  • Offer help & assistance where required
  • Provide regular & seasonal info/updates, offers & tips
  • Offer free monthly children’s activity/info pack

THE PACKAGES

Single Package                                                                                    £10 per month

Gardman Flip Top Triple Feeder
1 Triple Stack Multi Feeder

Mixed Seed & Peanuts & Suet

Bracket Provided if required

Twin Package                                                                                    £20 per month
Gardman Twin Feeding Station2 Arm Feeding Station & 2 Feeders

Seed or Suet Balls + Peanuts or Nyger

Incl Bird Bath, Mesh Tray & Hanger

Attractive Cast Iron Garden Feature

Deluxe Package                                                                              £25 per month

Gardman Feeding Station Complete4 Arm Feeding Station & 4 Feeders

Mixed Seed + Peanuts + Nyger + Suet

Incl Bird Bath, Mesh Tray & Hanger

Attractive cast Iron Garden Feature

THE FEEDERS

We use only best quality ( all metal where possible ) ‘Gardman’ or  ‘Nature’s Feast All Seasons’ large size 30cm feeders.

Natures Feast Seed Feeder

Mixed Seed – loved by robins, sparrows, finches, collared doves

Natures Feast Peanut Feeder

Peanuts – loved by blue tits, great tits, long-tailed tits and redpolls

Natures Feast Nyger Feeder

Nyger Seed – loved by goldfinches, siskins and redpolls

Natures Feast Suet Feeder

Suet Ball – supplemental feeder varied seasonally as required

FREE CONSULTATION VISIT TO DISCUSS YOUR REQUIREMENTS

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, that's the plan Chet.  Im hoping they won't want to end the service. I plan to contact the activities, enrichment director. Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

Someone replied and said they make feeders. Please reply again. Im afraid I deleted an email. 

Lisa - I mentioned this on my podcast and immediately have people wanting more information. I think this is a great idea. And I think you could test it locally, but then create an ebook, or course, or business opportunity that could help you leverage the idea dramatically. Keep pursuing!

Hi Dan,

Thank you for commenting on my idea! Wow! I am just now listening to the podcast where John wants to contact me about providing bird feeders. I did email him today. I'll have to go back and listen to last week's podcast where you discuss my idea. I didn't even know it was on the podcast, thank you. 

I'm working on pricing right now. I have my family, my in-laws who need a lot of help, Christmas preparations, and frankly, a lot of excuses, some having to do with fear of rejection, keeping me from approaching my first customer. 

But, with the encouragement of people here, and my amazing husband who makes and meets his goals, I'm getting closer. I'm working very hard this morning on pricing. I promise I won't overthink it. I know you would tell me that. Thanks Dan for the years of counsel and encouragement.  

I'll keep you updated.

Lisa

I love the idea! I hope you have a huge success with it. 

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service