48Days.NET

How I launched a side-hustle business in 66 Days and made $3,000

Summary:
While working full-time, hanging with an awesome wife and two little girls, managing two profitable businesses, and hosting a personal podcast, I built a brand new business in 66 days and made a nice profit. 
Why 66 days? because it takes 66 days to form a habit. And Aristotle tells us that, "We are what we repeatedly do. Success is not an act, but a habit."

you can go here to read (or listen) to the whole post:

http://www.66dayexperiment.com/how-i-launched-a-business-in-66-days/

I learned the difficult truth behind what it takes to succeed:

• Daily, unwavering, hustle is a MUST (small action over time leads to BIG results!)
  • Valid your idea first (Don't work too hard until a customer pays you)
  • A mastermind is ESSENTIAL to success (you are the average of your five closest friends, why not increase your average?)

I think I should start hosting mastermind for fellow 48 Days community members. Would anyone be interested in that? 

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alex, I have been watching your videos on this and loving them! Thanks for sharing such great, practical examples from your life. I really appreciate that.

Keep up the great work Alex. I've been following along with the podcast and love the awesome progress you're making!

Hard work done with wisdom & research always pays off. Congratulations on your accomplishments Alex, and for sharing your journey!

Congrats Alex!

Great job Alex!! I will set up my phone session with you soon

Alex,

I just read your blog post that you linked to in the forum.  First great job.  As someone trying to work on a side hustle with 2 kids and a full time job, your achievement is much to be celebrated!!!  Second, I love your idea of delegating the cold calling / sales side to someone else.  That is genius...it allows you to focus on what you do up front and not get bogged down or dishearten by cold calling daily.  Did you set them up on commission sells or a % of revenue earned?  Any particular take a ways 4 months later and what (if anything) you would do differently?  

Jason

Jason, 

what are you doing for your side hustle? That would definitely impact how you answer that question. 

Glad to see you pushing forward. I have 4 kids so I know your struggle brother!

It's 100% commission position based on number of sales

I'd hire a different sales guy, which I eventually did. 

feel free to reach out for a deeper discussion:

https://calendly.com/alexmichaelbarker/quick-chat

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service