48Days.NET

Hey Gang...

I'm writing a book in 3 weeks. That's right...3 weeks! I'm actually trying to polish it off in 2 weeks.

In reality, I'm simply gathering together a lot of things I speak about and blog about and putting them in a book. This is a strategy I teach at the Speak It Forward Boot Camp.

Anyway, I need help naming the book.  The book is a "success" book for teenagers and will basically have 3 sections.

• Live Smart (this will bring about an average life)
  • It's Your Life, Own It (this will raise you to an above average life and put you in the top 20%)
  • Forward is the direction of success (this will put you in the top 5% and bring about a WAY BEYOND average life)

Two quick thoughts on this basic outline:

• You'll notice that the sections fit my business "Live It Forward." That's obviously on purpose.
  • Each section will have 10 short chapters (1-4 pages) with some follow up questions.

So, what I need help with, and quickly, is what to title the book.  Here's what I'm thinking so far. The title is before the hash mark, subtitle is after the hash mark.

• Don't Ever, EVER Settle for Average--The Teen's Guide to Real Success and Awesomeness
  • Stop Being Normal--A Teen's Guide to Real Success and Awesomeness
  • Live It Forward for Teens--The Guide to Real Success

I have more...but these are my top 3 so far.

Thoughts, insights, and ideas welcome!

Views: 161

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like you have hit on a winner! Love it.
Sounds good, Kent. I am really glad you dumped the idea of zombies. My teens aren't geared toward that. (They are weird, Ha!) Anyway, if you are looking for someone to proofread your book and do it quickly, I would be happy to help out if you want. Just let me know. Thanks, and may God bless your efforts.

Thanks Anna.

I've hired an editor, but if you want to take a look as well, I'll send it your way. Let me know.

Also, really came up with some cool book cover ideas.  I'm going to post a voting contest soon.

Kent

Congratulations! Awesome accomplishment and a testament that when we set our mind to get something done, we can and that God will bless our efforts.

BTW, I'm sure you mean 30,000 WORDs and not pages ; - D

I keep doing that Deborah.  Ugggh :)

Update:

Finished writing the book in 3 weeks on the nose (sent it to Andrea Reynolds -- a 48 Days member -- last night for editing).  

It's right at 30,000 words.  I actually wrote and proofed it once in 19 days (and most of that work was done in 12 days), then took two days to proof it a second time before sending it to Andrea.  

Now onto the book cover, book layout, and printing.  Target date to have it in my hands:  Oct. 7.

What's super cool is that I decided to do this project on August 22 because of landing a speaking engagement to an audience of 4,000.  That means from the moment I decided to do this project until the moment I should have the finished product in hand is only 54 days!  Pretty awesome!!

One more side note...I have picked up 4 more speaking engagements to similar audiences in the past three weeks.  It's as if once I decided to do this book, speaking engagements to audiences for this book just started pouring in.  That's one of the magic combos of speaking and writing.

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service