48Days.NET

I can't believe it's been more than a year that I joined.  Time has flown by faster than a blink of an eye. 

I lost my job December 16, 2014.  I have interviewed, and interviewed, and interviewed.  I have sent countless resumes, met managers and have spoken to them about obtaining work. And, well, even the "surest" thing didn't pan out.  I am attempting to open my private practice, and a baking business.  However, without income, as an investor fall out of the face of the earth, it's been difficult.  I was set to start selling at farmer's market, but without the money I needed for materials and permits, I can't.  I can't, or at least I am not sure, qualify for a business loan.  I don't want that route.  especially for something as small as the farmer's market.  I am starting to see a client tomorrow, finally, but it's only one.  I don't know when my car will be repossessed.  I see the frustration building, and that has kept my creativity down.  Much like when I was trapped in the 9-5 paycheck.  Any ideas?  Fear and doubt have taken a seat next to me, and are holding on like a jealous girlfriend. 

Views: 543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Sam.  I am also in private practice as a mental health counselor, and I have found that working in the field requires a good deal of business savvy that many clinicians lack.  I have an E-course I will be launching soon called Open Your Private Practice in 90 Days.  

I wonder if meeting with someone for an interview coaching session might be ideal for you.  If you have had a number of interviews, there must be some disconnect.  On the podcast I know Dan mentioned asking close friends for their thoughts on the reasons you may not be securing job offers, but if I were you I would consider an objective outsider for this task.  Someone who is objective can give you the honest feedback you may need to help with obtaining an offer. 

Best of luck!

Celeste

RSS

Coaching Mastery Program

Interested in being a 48 Days Certified Coach?  Check out our elite program here:

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service