48Days.NET

I am thinking about starting with an ebook and then do a podcast. A lot of ebook guides are $400 + Do I need a guide? How do I keep someone from stealing my information and writing one of their own?

Thank you!

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Morning!

The attached is a little something I created to help get you started.

David
Attachments:
Thank you and very informative. I just have to figure out the ins and outs of publishing it as an ebook
This report becomes your eBook. Make it 50 pages or so, save it as a .pdf and make it available for download.
I hate to keep bothering you BUT once I do all that what server or company would you suggest I go to. My money is minimal so I can't really pay someone to market for me. It is information on real estate from an appraisers point of view, like why is my home not selling, or my realtor told me I need new carpet but I am afraid that I will not retrieve the money in the sale of the home. Stuff like that, so where would you recommend me to go. I am not a computer wiz as you can tell. I will have a website eventually but I want to see if this will sell or not. I respect your time and your advise THANK YOU!
It's going to be difficult to sell your ebook without a web site to promote it. Web hosting will run you around $10 a month and a domain name another $10 a year. You can get a decent free web site template at Open Source Web Design or use a wordpress blog so no need for web design to start.

One good place to get exposure for your ebook is Clickbank. It will cost you around $50 to get set up with their payment service and your ebook will then be available to thousands of affiliates to promote for a commission (50% is pretty standard) when a sale is made.

So, all together you're out $60 to start and another $10 a month for hosting. Not a huge investment to test the market for your ebook...
eBooks are a fantastic method for offering information.The electronic book (e-book) is only one publishing phenomenon of the Internet revolution. But its unique advantage of bypassing commercial publishers and vanity publishers, has catapulted the e-book into a prominent position in Internet Marketing. It's a great way that you can make knowledge accessible quickly and inexpensively. As online businesses learn to offer information to their customers -- both for free and for pay -- they can provide an important service.

This is the original Viral Marketing tool and very little has surpassed it. Not only do eBooks offer great information but people tend to pass them around. Viral marketing is an 'organic' marketing technique. It imulates (in a good way) the same effects and mechanism that a virus uses to pass from one person to another. Why not get others to market for you?

It is only as difficult as you let it be to create a great eBook. I teach this and other methods at The Christian Success Institute (http://christian-success-institute.com)

I hope that this helps.
You could do a short free version with links inside and offer it as a gift to other real estate related websites. I will let you promte it at no cost to you on my Christian Success Institute website. Contact me and we can discuss this. email me at pastorbobby@pastorbobby.com

Pamela said:
I hate to keep bothering you BUT once I do all that what server or company would you suggest I go to. My money is minimal so I can't really pay someone to market for me. It is information on real estate from an appraisers point of view, like why is my home not selling, or my realtor told me I need new carpet but I am afraid that I will not retrieve the money in the sale of the home. Stuff like that, so where would you recommend me to go. I am not a computer wiz as you can tell. I will have a website eventually but I want to see if this will sell or not. I respect your time and your advise THANK YOU!
I am probably going to sound ignorant - but there is a lot I do not know about this topic.

Do e-books really sell well? I bought a couple a few years ago and kicked myself for spending the money on them - I definitely did NOT get my money's worth.

I have bought a couple of ebooks recently (one was very expensive) - BUT - I had a chance to read the first chapter of one of them and see about 1/5th of another one and I liked what I saw and believed it was worth the money.

Still yet - I'm very hesitant to buy ebooks and while I have thought about writing some - I wasn't sure how to price them or how long to make them.

I definitely don't want to pay $10 for a 20 page book of very basic ideas - not that I'm saying that is what someone here would do and I'm not saying its wrong - just that I felt ripped off.

Anyway - I look forward to reading more about this discussion.

Peg
There are some great eBooks out there. I like using eBooks to give information and to promote my website. I provide these eBooks for free. http://christian-success-institute.org/Bookstore/Bookstoreintro.htm

Pastor Bobby

Peg Flint said:
I am probably going to sound ignorant - but there is a lot I do not know about this topic.
Do e-books really sell well? I bought a couple a few years ago and kicked myself for spending the money on them - I definitely did NOT get my money's worth.
I have bought a couple of ebooks recently (one was very expensive) - BUT - I had a chance to read the first chapter of one of them and see about 1/5th of another one and I liked what I saw and believed it was worth the money.

Still yet - I'm very hesitant to buy ebooks and while I have thought about writing some - I wasn't sure how to price them or how long to make them.

I definitely don't want to pay $10 for a 20 page book of very basic ideas - not that I'm saying that is what someone here would do and I'm not saying its wrong - just that I felt ripped off.

Anyway - I look forward to reading more about this discussion.

Peg
Hello Pamela,

My name is Karen Allen. I just joined the forum and I came across your post. I am not sure if you have gotten your e-book completed but I just thought I would reply just in case you still are working on getting this project done. Have you gotten Dan's "Write To The Bank" product? It addresses so many issues regarding writing in such a wonderful way. If this is not in your budget at this time, I definitely understand. I would also suggest that you go to www.48days.com and type the word "e-book" into the search box on the left side of the page. You will get results that include mentions that Dan has made in his podcast. Invaluable. Absolutely invaluable. You know, he gives such great advice during his podcasts. I hope that this helps and I sincerely hope that it all works out for you.
Karen, thank you for the post. Great question Pamela. Stefanie!
I was just thinking...hasn't anyone on 48days written an eBook on Writing an eBook???  lol   Seems a perfect fit. Let me know, I need to read it too!

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Registration for Innovate is open for a limited time - go ahead and secure your spot at one of our events this year!
Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service