48Days.NET

Hi everyone! 

I'm looking to put out my first e-book on my website.  I'm early on in this and am not at the point of needing to do Kindle publishing or anything like that.  I'm just thinking a PDF download on my site that is available after purchase. 

I'm looking for recommendations on a good sale/delivery system for this type of product.  All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Lesley

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i would start with kindle. It's easier than you think.  If you go with PDF to start, you still need to setup a payment system like gumroad or ejunkie.  Your profit may be higher on your own site, but your traffic is limited to what goes to your site.  If you go the kindle route,  you have the marketing reach of Amazon.  Plus - you can create print copies at the same time.  I've gone both routes and now just do everything through Amazon.  Let me know if you have questions.  Rob

Robert-

Thank you for your response!  Did you learn Kindle publishing/Amazon sales on your own or was there a specific place you referenced to learn how it was done?

Mostly did it myself and even after 7 books I'm still learning.  Kindlepreneur.com is a good resource.  

Great resource!

Lesley - Check out Pat Flynn's Ebooks the smart way. This is how I'm planning to do my first book. From there I might add kindle, paperback, and a course, but this is a gentle way for me to test the waters, and potentially earn more!

https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/ebooks-the-smart-way/

Oh perfect!  I'll be sure to read through that.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Lesley - thanks for the question and Holly -- thank YOU for the answer. I just downloaded as well!

Why not start super-simple and see how it performs?

1. Create your PDF.
  2. Upload to Dropbox (free).
  3. Create a public link. 
  4. Add link to your welcoming email via Mailchimp (free).
  5. Subscriber clicks link within welcome email.
  6. Subscriber downloads ebook.

Easy! :)

Oh, I like this!  This could work great for my free opt-in.  I was trying to figure out how to set that up as well, so I think you just answered that for me!

Glad to help :)

RSS

Coaching Mastery Program

Interested in being a 48 Days Certified Coach?  Check out our elite program here:

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service