48Days.NET

Debating if I should find a job or start my own in this new field?

Hi everyone, 

I read 48 days recently and have since begun my journey on a great path all inspired by Dan's book and podcast. This has led me to multiple other great resources but I don't mean to get off track.

I have 14 years in the business side of healthcare, no MD or RN here. My knack is business consulting but I have never been able to get into this field but I have done this in all my past roles to improve everywhere I have been at. I am sure I could follow Dan's process to get into a consulting firm. 

My worry is with past positions where a non compete has been in place it always seems to cause worry, I would want to eventually go into business consulting/coaching on my own. With my current job I don't think I would find the time to do this. I am sure I am up against my upper limit  on this issue so any encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Should I enter the job market in buisness consulting like I was planning or should I work to take time and build my own? Anyone have time to talk the process through with me in more detail? 

Also I am very hopeful the at home business will lead to more time with my family. This is my true motivation. Business and success are great but more time is invaluable to me. 

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey amigo!
So I do business consulting and coaching. I have been exactly where you are. Do I draw a line in the sand and "burn the ships" or do I work whilst building the dream. I will tell you what I tell my clients, Let your workplace fund the dream. There is such a different type of stress when you are doing this as a means to an end, and not having the stress of taking on every clients to make ends meet.

I'd love to chat with you. Shoot me a text and we can have an open convo about the struggles and the good of having a job whilst building the dream.

HaHa, I guest it would help if I gave you my number to text me! 801-628-3650

I'll reach out. Yeah definately nor going to go native and burn the boats or kill the golden egg goose. Just wondering if I should work up my own or seek out a consulting firm. I think I'd rather build my own but need some help getting that plan in place.

I do both coaching and consulting. I do a lot in public health - and I'm not an MD or RN either. happy to talk through the process with you if you are interested. robertblongley@gmail.com

ThaNks Robert, I'll email you

Hi Robert, Congratulations on your being here. The fact that you are writing shows your enthusiasm and deep down desire.

I second Allen Dubon (not just because I happen to be coaching with him) but let your day job fund your dream job.

Previously, I would get upset at my constant state of restlessness. Now I am learning to embrace it as a blessing. I would imagine you have the same restless spirit?

Reach out anytime,

Jeff David

Robert,

I think the first, (but not only) question you should ask is what do you want to do? I hate having a boss, but some people love the structure of jobs.

So really the question is which type of person are you?

I really think you should have someone to bounce ideas off of. Most times it's easier for someone else to see your proclivities than it is for you to see them.

Hope that helps,

John

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service