48Days.NET

Greetings Everyone!

I have a business registration question.  I was filling out the paperwork to register my coaching business but I am not sure how to categorize it.  You have to choose a category under the NAICS system and I am having some difficulty in finding where coaching would fall.  Wondering if those of you who have a registered business could shed some light on where this may fall in that classification system.

Thanks so much!

Cayce

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe this one 611430 Professional and Management Development Training or go generic with 812990 All Other Personal Services

http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/sssd/naics/naicsrch?code=611430&s...

http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/sssd/naics/naicsrch?code=812990&s...

Thank you for your suggestion.  I will use that as the secondary but it would not cover my primary which is financial or marriage coaching.

523930 Investment Advice This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing customized investment advice to clients on a fee basis, but do not have the authority to execute trades. Primary activities performed by establishments in this industry are providing financial planning advice and investment counseling to meet the goals and needs of specific clients.

This is one of those paperwork issues only.  The category you choose will be meaningless to clients - it's just for forcing a category for reporting.  Insurance companies and local revenue boards don't know where to put coaches either.  Any of what Danny has suggested is fine or you could use this one:

NAICS Code: 541611

Coaching has become the ultimate career development medium and the best process to enable an individual to reach their full potential. Coaching is an ongoing partnership designed to help managers, executives, supervisors and employees produce extraordinary results in their professional positions. Coaching helps employees improve their performance and enhance the quality of their lives.

Sounds great.  Thanks Dan and Danny.

My state has not updated to newer NAICS codes and those you both mentioned are not listed in the booklet the state tax dept provides but I am going to use them and see if they go through.

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Registration for Innovate is open for a limited time - go ahead and secure your spot at one of our events this year!
Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service