48Days.NET

Often when you see information about pursuing a passion it gives the process of Blogging but I wonder what are other ways of doing that. Personally I don't care for the Internet and blogging models. As I understand it Blogging is not even a real business but an add on usually to promote an existing business in most cases. I think the blogging process of fishing on the Internet is hard and not vey successful  fir most people.

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A lot depends on what you want to do.  In some respects you are right, because you will find lots of examples of unsuccessful bloggers.  Alternatively there are people out there killing it with topics you would never expect.  Let me know what you would like to do and I might have some ideas for you.

My passionate topic is personal Development and maybe there are other ways someone could work with that. I do not really know enough about online marketing. I have read that some do well with the personal Development topic A successful business either needs to solve a problem or maybe entertain someone. There are a lot of people who think Personal development is a scam I think and probably the majority just do ot care about the topic. I guess you need to be a real expert to solve a problem I do not have any college Degrees in Psychology and might not be qualified to help. I just seem to not like that model.

I would think the only real benefit to blogging would be to increase your brand, sell your stuff, and make a name for yourself. If you just want to do your passion and there's no real plan to create a brand or platform then blogging may not be they way to go. On the flip side, youtube videos about your passion or about doing your passion are fun things to do that can make people aware of your passion. 

Though if you just want to do your thing and not create a following, then blogging doesn't seem to hold merit. 

I personally know a few full-time bloggers who make a living blogging. 

Blogging is a real business just like the radio station, TV channels and Google. They connect buyers with sellers just like the Yellow Pages.

Blogging may not be for you. There are lots of ways to create your passion. I created this podcast just to help people like you find out how to act on their inspiration. 

Act on your inspiration! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mindset-podcourse/id1223849852?...

But be careful with the assumptions on what is and isn't a real business. 

Gary, 

I think if blogging is not a good "fit" for you then by all means don't pursue it. There are many ways to launch a passion into a business and promote it without blogging. I often think of my blog as just a way for people to get to know me better but you could offer teleconferences, workshops, face to face help that could be a great way to promote your passion.

I would suggest however to become more familiar with the internet if you are thinking of starting a business of any kind. Today's consumers want easy access to goods and convenience. They will most likely seek out someone they can find through an internet search than thumbing through other sources to learn of your business including hard copy advertising etc. So, even if you aren't totally sold on the need to use the internet, you want some type of presence on there at least.

RSS

LIVE EVENTS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Interested in the next step beyond this community - with more hands-on interaction with Dan and other 48 Days Mentors? Check out our new membership site!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2017   Created by Jon Dale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service