48Days.NET

I have a relatively young blog at AdventuresInImpact.com that is not yet getting the traction I had hoped for.  Familiar tune I know.  

I have been blogging regularly for 4 months and have around 100 unique visitors monthly.  My email list has only a handful of subscribers, and the growth has been slow.

I have a great story to share and really love the topics I'm writing on: using your talents and doing business to have a positive impact and an adventure.  I feel like my content is good, but I am not sure I do a good job of appealing to readers quickly or explaining why they should be interested in what I have to say.

My goal is to build a community of people doing impactful, exciting things, especially those interested in building businesses to help less fortunate groups.  

I would love your feedback on the site in general, and specifically on my unique selling proposition and how I present that. There are plenty of site tweaks that I need to make, but I want to make sure I get the fundamentals right before moving on.  

I know there are a lot of successful bloggers in our group here, and I'm looking forward to your feedback!  

Tags: USP, adventures, blog, blogging, impact, in

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brent,

I just did a quick check of the site and wanted to let you know my thoughts.

First, I think the blog looks great. It has a very professional appearance.

I like the fact you use pictures in your posts. I need to get better at that myself.

With regards to frequency of posting, I saw on the about page it says Monday and Thursday. Is this a new schedule? I went through your most recent posts and saw the 3rd and 10th of this month were missed?

Regardless, I'll say this for all to see, consistency with your posting schedule is VERY important. If you're posting twice a week, then you better not miss a day. Miss a day and people will stop paying attention.

The quickest way to boost traffic that I've found? Post more. You're doing two days a week. Jump to 5. Can't do five, do more than 2. The more you post the more traffic you'll garner (assuming people like what you're writing).

When I went from 2 days a week to 5 days a week my traffic grew 255%. http://www.abetterwayofbusiness.com/uncategorized/how-i-increased-m...

Be sure to check out the two shows from CoachRadio.tv I mention in my post. They are what encouraged me to go to 5 days a week.

The last thing I have to offer right now is be sure to use multiple methods of communication. If you want to reach the largest audience possible you need to use a combination of written, audio, and video content.

~Ivan

Thanks Ivan.

I have been writing 2X per week until the first week of this month when being sick kept me away for a while.  I have definitely considered posting more often, but with the limited time i have to devote to writing, I suspect the quality would suffer.  

255% growth might make that worth a try though.  

Thanks again for the feedback!

Very nice looking blog.  I am in your target audience.  I shared your empathy post on FB.  I want to use some small dolls I designed to help others.  I know the ones I donate are appreciated- as an activity not as already made dolls.  They were perfect for kids in the hospital.    They are very nurturing to children in general and I know that when all the pieces come together I"ll be amazed.  Currently I've got a volunteer working with me to get them tweeked and into a design program so they are looking professional.   I've thought about posting to one of the fund-raising type sites but dont' know how much it would cost to do all the tweeking if I had to pay someone.   They woud've been great at Dan's for Christmas but I'm right in the middle of getting our house for Christmas project

always,

Vickie

http://www.ahouseforchristmas.com

Thanks Vickie.  You're project sounds great and getting help from a volunteer sounds like a good move with all you have going on.  I'm always amazed by the amount of people willing to work hard for free when they believe in something.  

Startsomegood.com is a great crowdfunding site for ideas like yours.  It is focused on social businesses and offers a lot of options.  If there is anything advice I can offer to help out, let me know.  Best of luck!

Hi again Vickie,

I wanted to follow up with you on how I can improve my pitch since you said you're in my target market.  Did I do a good job of compelling you to return?  Also, is there any content you would like to see that was or was not on the site?

Thanks again for your help!

I'm a pretty busy girl right now but thanks for the reminder that you're around. Startsomegood sounds interesting.  I tracked down a graphic designer in my area who hopefully will be a good match for my project and then I can know how much money/trading etc, I need to come up with.  I was disappointed that the designer I really wanted had recently moved.  I had a lady on 48days that was willing to work with me and my budget but I think I need to be able to look over someone's shoulder on the doll project. 

Something I could use right now.... a check list to make sure I've covered my bases in an organized fashion.  Like from Idea/concept   to plan of action to achieved goal...  That's something I would've run off and had your name in front of me on a daily basis. 

If you've checked out my current major focus ahouseforchristmas.com  you can see that we still need to figure out a way to get our actual house for Christmas instead of just an offer accepted on our desired house for Christmas.   The dolls could do this... John's book Confessions of a Butcher-eat steak on a hamburger budget and save$$$  could do this....but I've gotta figure out how to launch them right... get them out with very little publicity money.....

Oh.   I'd like to see examples and "testimonials"  of more folks who are creating impact and doing all the stuff your site is about.   I'm thinking you could find some good examples in Guidepost magazine.   Well gotta get to work! Thanks for checking in.

Thanks Vickie,

The checklist and example feedback is really helpful.  I did check out your Christmas project, but I'm never owned a home and not sure I'll be much help there.  However, I'll get to work on the checklist and let you know how it turns out!

well the check list should be pretty open ended not just about getting a house :)  Just for any type of goal/business project. 

Current goal that I'm shooting for is to gross $100,000 in e- sales.  I'll start with John's book as it is ok and doesn't need any changes- tempted to change the cover but ... time, money, mainly time on that one.   If my goals are on target or I get an investment chunk- I'll see if I can get my quiet dolls up and running by Dec as they would make great Christmas gifts and I can sell some stuff related to them online- different pattern collections, etc. That would be a real big money maker but one thing at a time!

We've lived in a house of our own for most of our 25 years of married life except for small transitions and this current LONG transition of almost 8 years.  Time to just do it!

I recommend you read "Crush It" by Gary Vaynerchuk. He'll help you spread your ideas.

If you're not able to easily get books in Uganda, there is a Kindle edition, which you can read on your computer if you don't have a Kindle.

Hi Reid.  

I've read Crush It and would second your recommendation to anyone else following the discussion.  You are correct, books are hard to come by here but my kindle has been a major help.  

Thanks for the input!

I'm reading Demand-creating what people love before they know they want it by Adrian J. Slywotzky.  Lots of good insights.

Hey,

I recently listened to an audio session about guest blogging.

The gist of it is to find blogs where you can guest post - it can be within your niche, or not.

Here is the link:

Guestblogging

RSS

Check it out!

Follow 48 Days:

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

Weekly Podcast

Hosted by Dan Miller

Good stuff from 48days

Check out Dan's 
daily blog and 
free worksheets
Get the 48 Days App!

Have a question or want to connect? Enter in some keywords here to see what we're already saying!

© 2014   Created by Jon Dale.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service